Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

Teenagers Scare the Living **** Out of Me

forthosewhocravefashion.tumblr.com
I can't believe I'm going to say this but My Chemical Romance got it wrong. Teenagers aren't the scary ones. Being a teenager is what's truly horrifying. Adolescence just seems to go on for ever and while I know that there is a rosy light at the end of the tunnel, my pessimistic teenager shades are keeping me from seeing beyond now. And you'd think that living "now" would be a good thing but "now" sucks and "now" needs to be fast forwarded.


From one of the many teen wolf Instagrams
I'm at a point in my life where I'm so conflicted. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, some days I'm not even sure if I want to go to university (not going would be the equivalent of spitting on all the hard work my parents have done to get me a good education and priviledged life, you know?) and I'm just so uninspired by almost everything right now.
I don't write, I don't draw, I don't make up side-splitting hilarious encounters with Kanye West - Yeezus - in my head anymore (they're just mediocre, like an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians). The only thing I can depend on is my blog and laughing with my friends which is going to end soon since I'm changing schools (woe is me). My parents are forcing me to commit the ultimate betrayal - moving to private school. They want me to be an IBE ho.



But you know what, I'll get through this. The same way I got through primary school, damaged hair, adjusting to high school - with Oreos, Comedy Central and hope.

On my tumblr: glitterdaiquiri.tumblr.com
Yours,
Khenzo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can also talk about the overweight, grey cat I'm gonna name Atticus one day or how you're feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...