Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Really, B, Really?

Ah, a pretty picture to distract you and draw you in! Don't you just love Rihanna as a blond and a ginger? Also, that girl has the perfect bone structure for a pixie cut. Just saying.

Don't mess the kicks.

I'm in a bit of a rant mood which is partly horrible because I should be doing homework but I got distracted by Instagram and Zahrah Perry's blog (which I discovered today); The Perry Book and if you saw it you'd toss all your work to the side too.

Anyway, I just had a long conversation with one of my friends about teenage girls who seem to have nothing going on in their lives but their boyfriends. You know this girl/these girls. The ones who always seem to pull significant others from their cotton covered crotches and/or meth-lab-boyfriend-making laboratories. There's at least one in every school.
OK, I'm still pretty young and quite socially awkward (ask anyone) despite my grace, charm and charisma (read: clumsiness, amusing observations and ability to inhale hot wings from Chicken Licken at a disgusting rate) so I probably don't have the greatest experience with teenage boys--and why would I want to? They bathe in Axe body spray, dress like idiots (will that horrific skinny jeans and square framed "nerd" glasses end?) and always act like they've never had any home training.

So you can understand my frustration towards girls who have to come think that they need guys in their lives. That at fifteen/sixteen they can't be alone. Or that they're not somebody unless their with somebody. Really, bitch, really?
I'm not against dating in high school. I think it's an important part of life and growing up but don't let it consume you. Don't spend your English and History periods dreaming about finding The One because as Samantha from Sex and the City once said: "Listen to me, the right guy is an illusion. Start living your lives."

High school girls are so ready to believe they're in love and that that's all that matters. "Because all you need is love."
Um, no!
You need water.
You need an education.
You need oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and whatever else is in the atmosphere (I don't take Physics anymore so that's not my concern).
You need to eat.
You need to get a job.
You do not need to spend your time dependent on someone else. I've always been told by my parents that you should only worry about love once you've sorted yourself out. Go to school, find what you want to do, figure your shit out and then worry about someone else.

Yours,
Khenzo xx
\
I tend to use a lot of itallics when I'm mad. Or dramatic. Or happy. Or, you know, all the time. C'est la vie, mon ami. Je suis tres 'cray'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can also talk about the overweight, grey cat I'm gonna name Atticus one day or how you're feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...