Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014: Year of Sass and Glitter


The end of 2013 smelled like beef and tasted like fire (note to self: stop spending weekends at Indian friends' houses). Surprisingly, it actually felt like a weight had been lifted once the countdown (on SABC1 no less) reached one. I don't think I've ever been so happy to have let go of fifty-two weeks before in my life nor have I ever been so sad.

2013 was the year I changed schools, travellled out of the country, I saw Istanbul and Maputo, I explored photography, I discovered things like Rookie and the healing powers of Jhene Aiko, Drake, I started writing again, I had the most amazing time at South African Fashion Week. I saw Rihanna live in concert and got to develop my blog. I met so many amazing people and learnt so many things about life, literature and myself. I had to let go of a lot of things and places and people, I changed schools. I fell in love and I fell (rather unwillingly) out of it. And, boy, did I push focus and work hard this year and it really paid off.

I really didn't think much of 2013, especially considering that I didn't even see it coming but, as sappy as it is, I'm happy for all the good and the bed. I don't want to set up too many expectations for this year and I'm damn sure not making any resolutions but I will try and send forth positive energy into the Universe and good vibrations and what have you.
The world just ended.
Forever,
Khenzo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can also talk about the overweight, grey cat I'm gonna name Atticus one day or how you're feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...