Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

[Outfit Post] High School Musical

prom, glitter daiquiri, south africa, spring ball, high school dance, summer 2013, spring formal, khensani mohlatlole

I've been consumed with school dance fever since, like, the dawn of man. The swirly lights, Earth shaking beats, gourmet food, tailored pants and floaty skirts, bright lipstick and big hair. The hours of flossing, scrubbing, perfuming, dressing and all the nitty gritty that goes into being a slightly more than OK-looking teenage girl always excited me more than the actual event. I went to BlackUp (Paris) at Edgars to get my face piled on (and on, and on, and on) and I was so giddy the whole time. I think I almost broke someones nose squealing about how pretty my face looked. My skin was doing that thing I wanted, my lips were classy not trashy, I wasn't retaining more water than Amsterdam and, oh my god, my eyes!

I can't say I've been to many dances but I'm gonna remember this one forever. My friends all looked so pretty and everyone had a really good time. There were all this beautiful picture perfect moments that, of course, never get photographed but they're imprinted into my memory forever. God, the journal entries that will follow.
prom, crop top maxi skirt, glitter daiquiri, seventeen sa, blackup, high school dance, spring formal
 Lace crop top and maxi skirt both TGCG at Young Designers' Emporium | Shoes: Diva | Bag: ZARA | Makeup: BlackUp | Accessories: Sass Diva, Edgars and Zoom







No comments:

Post a Comment

We can also talk about the overweight, grey cat I'm gonna name Atticus one day or how you're feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...