Pages

Saturday 23 February 2013

Obsessed: Solange

I'm a cool, low Jane
With a skip on my feet
I play tough as nails
With my heart on my sleeve
I'm nothing but a sandcastle
Baby, don't blow me away

I love Solange and her daring style. She's one of my role models when it comes to pushing the boundaries and doing new things. Fashion is trial and error and all up to interpretation. While some may find her mix of prints gaudy or OTT, others (like myself) will see the actual work that goes into pairing stripes and leopard print with bold colours in a way that works.
I also admire how she uses her fashion as a way to be more than Beyonce Carter's younger sister. I always thought of it as the stepping stone out of the shadow of the one of the most iconic woman of our time and I think Miss Solange is doing it right.

Solange in cute dresses


Solange in bold blazers


She has a great flair for pairing colour, and orange is beautiful on her


I mean seriously, how cool is Solange? I especially love the middle look. It's so effortlessly stylish and cool. Gosh, I use that word a lot but I mean it sincerely with Solange.


Very pretty and mod looks


Bold trousers


Geographic prints


I think Solange would've been one of the Supremes (Diana Ross and the Supremes) in a past life. She's so elegant and her afro is beautiful and lush




 
 
 
xx Khenzo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can also talk about the overweight, grey cat I'm gonna name Atticus one day or how you're feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...