Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Twenty Journey with Sipho Mpongo & Second Birthdays

Not too long ago, The Girl, Zipho, did a beautiful photo set with Cape Town photographer Sipho Mpongo and I've been itching to not only work with someone as talented as that but also make cool artist friends like that. Somehow Zipho sensed my feverant scratching and reached out to me on Facebook and not only was I going to meet and make cool artist friends like Sipho but I was going meet Sipho!

As is the great tradition of cool artist people, Sipho is currently in the middle of completing a really inspired project: Twenty Journey. Working with two other photographers, Wikus De Wet and Sean Metelerkamp, they're travelling all over the country, documenting 2014 South Africa - arguably its most exciting time what with this year marking 20 years of (perhaps clumsy) democracy, the death of Nelson Mandela and the presidential elections. (read more about it here).
twentyjourney photo by sipho mpongo

Also, it came to my attention that my blog turned two on the second so I made some gifs of all the outfits I've paraded in 2012 through 2013. Going through my old posts made me want to shrink into fetal position and question why, whyyyy was I ever like that but at the same time I'm quite happy with how much and grown and changed since I first began this here internet space.


6 comments:

  1. sipho's pictures are glorious.
    you look glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khensani you look stunning. I love the vibe of these photos <3 happy blogiversary too!

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about whine re: why I never meet artists then I remembered I never leave my room. I'm looking forward to this project because I really like the set Sipho Mpongo did with Zipho. Also, hair crush (only thicker).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I mean, I didn't really leave my room either so there's always that.

      Delete

We can also talk about the overweight, grey cat I'm gonna name Atticus one day or how you're feeling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...